Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Mt. Maya? Don't Mind if I Do!

synyonymUS made a trek up to Kent, CT to play for some kids at a writer’s camp (not to be confused with writer’s cramp). Terrific trip up and back with six fools packed into an SUV making crazy jokes and being generally silly. The kids we played for seemed to like it (though I couldn’t tell – they just got super-quiet. Reminded me of my singer-songwriter days), we got paid, had Japanese food, and generally enjoyed the hell out of the day and each other. Wouldn’t it be loverly?

There’s also a wonderful article on the periodic table in today’s Slate.com. You can find it here. You might not have thought the periodic table needed updating, but apparently somebody has come up with a new way of visually organizing the elements, and it’s beautiful! I won’t give away the big surprise, but it seemed to me to be a recapitulation of order of creation, simple to more-complex, and I love it. Geeking out over here, don’t mind me.

Show info, for the fraction who don't know. I think I'll be playing bass tonight, as well as my usual sax and flute.

synonymUS
Wednesday, July 20th @ 6:45 pm
Featuring, TRANSMITTING: Jane LeCroy (poetry), Tom Abbs (bass/didjeridoo) and Kid Lucky (beatbox)
Plus Feature Showcase, RAJ
Open Form@ sign up 6:45pm
Dancers, Musicians, Poets and Artists of all walks welcome. Bring your own collab or work with US.
plus the Collaborative Open Form@

Curated by Raymond Daniel Medina

Nuyorican Poets Café
236 East Third Street (between Aves B & C)
$7 Cover

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home