Saturday, December 24, 2005

Transit Strike is OVER (if you want it)

(Thanks John and Yoko)

I feel like I can breathe. I realize, more and more every day, how much I love my adopted city. During the strike, I almost felt as if I were crippled.

To the MTA and TWU: I'm not mad, just disappointed. Don't do it again.

Went down to Rockefeller Center with the wife's parents to see the tree. Every street was packed with people madly rushing about to get their final shopping done. The whole town seemed to be out, pushing, shoving, cursing, weaving through throngs, tourists looking bewildered and backing into people as they try to get everyone in the shot with their digital cameras plastered to their faces. It was great.

Saw King Kong last night. A beautiful movie. As my friend Brian said, "A tragedy." I didn't identify, as he suggested I might, with the ape, but I certainly did sympathize. An old man, finally finding love in the midst of his loneliness.

disconnected post, but I'm still waking up and getting ready for the upcoming celebrations.

Happy Christmas, if that's your style, Or Haunnakah, if that's your flavor. Much love, regardless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home